The Beaumont Hotel was built in 1886 and opened in 1887. It was built for the purposes of housing people who were interested in the new mining industry in the community. In 1973, it was listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The hotel was shut down and boarded up for 35 years starting in the 1960′s when the owner at that time got into a dispute with the city and vowed to close it down forever. It fell into a state of deterioration and disrepair. It was auctioned in 1998 and reopened to the public after extensive renovations in 2003.
Paranormal Activities Reported:
Paranormal activities include the apparition of a woman on third floor.
Beaumont Hotel (2009). Beaumont Hotel and Spa. Retrieved May 16, 2009 from http://www.beaumonthotel.com/
Shadowlord (1998). Shadowlands Haunted Places Index. Retrieved March 2, 2009 from http://theshadowlands.net/places/colorado.htm
505 Main St. Ouray CO Colorado United States