Located 3 miles west of the US 73/75 bridge over the Platte River in Sarpy County.
During the 1880′s Nebraska’s population boomed as railroads were built across the prairie. A number of towns were established along the railroad, often spaced between 6 and 10 miles apart so that citizens could make it into town and back home via farm wagon within one day. During he past 100 years, many of these towns have disappeared, or significantly diminished in population.
The Oregon Trail once followed the Platte River across the state, which meant that a variety of military posts, stagecoach stops, and the Pony Express Stations also were scattered along this route.
This site was a ferry that transported people to Cedar Island, an island in the Platte River, several miles west of its confluencewith the Missouri River.
This is a ghost town, however specific paranormal events have not been recorded as yet for this location. Because this location was once the site of a community of people, we have flagged it as site worthy of exploration.
Sarpy County NE Nebraska United States