The Carpenter House Information:
The Carpenter house was built in 1849. It was originally the home of Willard Carpenter, founder of the Willard Library on Carpenter Street. In March of 1934, it was purchased by the Evansville American Legion. From 1937-1958, the American Legion used the building.
Today, WNIN TV and WNIN 88.3 are located in the Carpenter House.
Ghosts and the Paranormal at The Carpenter House in Evansville, Indiana:
Disembodied footsteps, the sound of babies crying when there are no babies in the building, shadowy figures, apparitions, and malfunctioning electrical equipment.
No Author (n.d.). Historic Evansville. Retrieved February 17, 2011 from http://www.historicevansville.com/site.php?id=carpenter405
Southern Indiana Paranormal Investigators (n.d.). WNIN Channel 9 PBS. Retrieved February 18, 2011 from http://millersspooks.blogspot.com/2008_05_01_archive.html