Dana College is a small Lutheran college located at 2848 College Drive in Blair, Nebraska.
In 1884, Danish Lutheran pioneers established Trinity Seminary in Blair, Nebraska in order to train men for the parish ministry. Reverend A. M. Andersen was the founder of this school and taught seminary courses out of his home originally.
Two years later, the first permanent structure on campus was completed.
Additional academic courses were finally added in 1899, when the Danish College at Elk Horn, Iowa merged with this Blair school. It was at this time that Dana College was established as a separate educational institution.
In November of 1923, Argo Hall was opened, originally functioning as the women’s dormitory. In 1963, the "Girl’s Dormitory" was given the name "Argo Hall". For a brief period of time in the 1960′s it housed men, but for the most part Argo Hall has been a primarily women’s dormitory.
Reports have described objects moving as well as televisions and radios turning on and off or changing channels on their own. Doors are said to open on their own. Some people have reported feeling an unseen hand touch them.
Colleges and Universities very often have reports of paranormal activities associated with one or more of the buildings on campus. Is it the college environment or the willingness of young students or sensitive minds perhaps that makes reports of college/university hauntings common? As the women’s dormitory, Argo Hall was certainly host to a variety of events throughout its history that affected the life course of the women who lived there…
Shadowlands Haunted Places Index