Highlands Ranch Mansion is south of Denver in central Colorado.
The community of Highlands Ranch was officially established in 1981, but there were settlers in the area at least 100 years before that.
John and Eliza Springer moved to Denver in 1897. Eliza was in poor health.She died in 1904 and John remarried a woman named Isabelle. He renamed his mansion the “Castle Isabelle”. In 1913, John Springer sold his mansion and ranch to his father-in-law, Colonel Hughes. He died in 1918 and bequeathed the property to Annie Clifton Springer Hughes. In 1920, Annie sold the ranch to a man named Waite Phillips. In 1926, Phillips sold the ranch to Frank E. Kistler who then sold the property to Lawrence C. Phipps. The Phipps renamed the property Highlands Ranch. In 1976, Phipps sold the property to Marvin Davis and Davis in turn sold it to Shea Homes in 1997. Shea Homes in the current owner of Highlands Ranch Mansion.
The Highlands Ranch Mansion is approximately 17,000 square feet.
Paranormal Activities Reported:
This is an interesting report of a haunting that is blamed on a woman who was still living (at least at the time of the report). According to the report, there is a residual energy of sadness at the mansion left there by a woman who was confined to the mansion to do housekeeping.
Metro District Highlands Ranch (2006). Highlands Ranch History. Retrieved May 14, 2009 from http://www.highlandsranch.org/08_ginv/08_6hrhistory.html
Shadowlord (1998). Shadowlands Haunted Places Index. Retrieved March 2, 2009 from http://theshadowlands.net/places/colorado.htm
9900 S. Ranch Rd. Littleton CO Colorado United States