The caretaker of this cemetery purportedly witnessed the apparition of a Lady in White and a man wearing a three-piece suit. This haunted cemetery near New Orleans was founded in 1849 by the Order of Odd Fellows and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The first sixteen bodies in this haunted graveyard were moved from other cemeteries. All the plots were filled by 1930. Due to the slightly higher elevation of the cemetery, it has been immune from much of the flooding that has plagued other areas near New Orleans.
This haunt is one of the least visited and most dilapidated cemeteries in New Orleans. Gravestones are overturned and shattered and tombs are slowly crumbling away. Many of the bones have been removed and some of the tombs are just an empty shell with nothing inside.
5055 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70119