Located at 518 W. Locust St. in Davenport, IA.
This is a very large spooky-looking building. It’s no wonder tales of hauntings have evolved for this location.
St. Ambrose was originally developed in a different location as a seminary and school of commerce for young men in 1882. It was moved to it’s present location in 1885.
For a period of time during World War II, regular classes at the university ceased and St. Ambrose was used by the U.S. government as a training facility for the Navy.
Strange noises have been reported including disembodied footsteps. Also, lights are reported to flicker on and off.
Shadowlord (1998). Shadowlands Haunted Places Index. Retrieved March 2, 2009 from http://theshadowlands.net/places/iowa.htm
Wikipedia (2009). St. Ambrose University. Retrieved March 2, 2009 from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Ambrose_University