The district where the Eldridge Mansion is located was platted in 1881-1884. The western portion was claimed by Edward Eldridge while the Eastern portion was claimed by Henry Roeder. The two claims together equaled approximately 130 acres.
The Edward Eldridge Mansion is private property. Obtain permission before visiting this location.
Edward Eldridge was originally from Scotland. The first Eldridge family home burnt down in 1878. The second Eldridge family home burnt down in 1894. The third Eldridge family home caught fire in 1907 and $7,000 in damages was caused by the fire. The fourth Eldridge family home was designed by an architect known as F. Stanley Piper in the French Chateauesque style in 1926. This is the structure that is still standing today.
Edward Eldridge died of Paresis in 1892 at the age of 63. Hugh Eldridge lived in the current house until 1939.
Disembodied voices and screams have been reported at this location.
City of Bellingham (1996-2010). Edward Eldridge Homesite 2915 Eldridge Ave. Retrieved June 2, 2010 from http://www.cob.org/services/neighborhoods/historic/tour/011.asp
Shadow lord (1998). Shadowlands Haunted Places Index In Washington. Retrieved June 1, 2010 from http://theshadowlands.net/places/washington.htm